Sunday, May 2, 2010

Software Craftsman Yule Calender: 16th of December:

Todays topic is "The gaffa tape programmer

I strive to hone my coding craft at any opportunity.
I don't see them to be at odds with any other priorities in the coding domain.

However, I do mash stuff together sometimes, what is otherwise known as "Gaffa tape programming".

I don't always strive for complete 100% coverage. I strive to identify pockets/domains within my code that warrant TDD. The more I can fit into those pockets, the better. The more I can compartmentalize the material, the better.

But when the building blocks are in place so that I from the offset can purposely express a end task in the suitable pseudo language that rise from existing components, I "mash" them together.

Yesterday, I noticed that the old comic book series "elf quest" was published on the net. (www.elfquest.com) as it no longer was going to be printed. You could browse the comic book online by clicking "next", "next" etc.

I made a web crawler to scrape it onto my hard drive. Three loops: one "do-while" and two "for-each". No tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment